Friday, August 13, 2010

We have had some wonderful blessings this week. Funding came in for us to build an office space in our center living area of our house. Marc and I came up with and idea to use some old doors in our basement to create a desk top along with some homemade cabinet with the doors on the front. It will be a "door" theme. The hope is to be more organized, create a more efficient space for working and organizing life. Plus we came up with a way to hide all wires for baby safety as well as put all harmful supplies out of reach in the cabinets behind doors for the little hands that are soon to come. Such a miracle, it is such a need for us, but there was no money. God is amazing!

We also had some hard news this week. Marc has been fighting many odd spasms and some joint pain. We went to the Dr. two days ago and they informed us that he has Rheumatoid Arthritis. This was very alarming to us and has forced us to once again reassess how we do life. Marc started a drug regiment at a low dose initially to suppress his immune system. He also will need to start exercising frequently and living a healthier less stressful life. This may be hard considering the situations we can't control that we are in with Z being sick and the upcoming murder trial for the kids mom. With God all things are possible. He has never left us, he has alway upheld us. We will need to continue to strive to lay all things at the Lords feet. With the drugs that he is taking, there is a possibility of the Disease going into remission.

Last night I started feeling some discomfort in my lower abdominals. Dr. said that it may just be some stretching. I will take it easy this weekend and call them if it persist till Monday. Seems like it is one thing after another. Maybe it is an attack, maybe it just "life". Whatever it is or why it is I don't know. I felt tempted this week to be angry toward the Lord. It scared me that these feelings came, but I recognized that every GOOD gift and every PERFECT gift comes from above. So this, whatever it is I will fight as an attack, I will move forward to allow the flames to work good out in me not evil. It is a choice I have, pray that I keep a good attitude.

Something neat that is happening........ A friend of ours Beau, who is seeing our niece Courtney, went on a 6 week missions trip to Zambia. We received a call from him and he had met a friend of mine, Rick McDonald, from Master's Commission in Balt. who is now a missionary in Zambia. They called us together to check on Zaachi and share with us that they were together there and found it interesting that they both knew us. Well, ends up that Beau felt a call of God to return to Africa next year. I chatted with my Aunt Lisa the other night and she too had been in Zambia for awhile on a medical team. I also, got a message from Rick that two missionaries, a married couple, were moving to Bethlehem. The wife is going to be getting her PA in a school near by and they need a church and some connections here. Another friend of our is moving with his family to Cape Town, South Africa. Seems odd all these connections crossing, maybe one day we will end up in Africa or maybe God is showing us a need to pray for all those there. Only God knows, but I enjoy hearing all the exciting news of what God is doing.

Some days....this life is overwhelming, but when you hear the heart beat of a baby or see the world opening up before your children, it makes it worth it. Although sometimes in the moment, raising responsible, loving, God fearing, healthy children seems an impossible task. Oh, God grant me wisdom. I need you soooo much.

Zaachi goes in for his last Chemo next week. They were unable to get him into Ronald McDonald Camp so we will now do CHEMO a week earlier. He didn't call home once while at camp, I take it he is having a blast. He comes home tomorrow. Then on Sunday Jayden turns 16. It's hard to believe, that in two years I will have two kids in college, one in middle school, one in elementary and one still in diapers. The juggling act of trying to reach each child at their different seasons of life is always a challenge, but at least there is never a dull moment. I am always open to advice or suggestions or literature about how to do it better- so keep me in mind;)

No comments:

Post a Comment