Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wrapped up in Wraps

Today, I was reading my old entries. Wow, so much has happened. We have a new member to our family. Soren Josiah Telesha, 3 months old tomorrow. He is so much fun! I am very much enjoying him.
Xavier is finishing his first year of College and seems to have survived well. He is working with Valley Youth House as a Youth Mentor. God has opened so many doors for him to share is story and insights with social workers in our area. I believe the Lord is using him to better equip those who have the privilege of working directly with kids who have experienced hardship such as himself.
Jayden she is 16 and already freaking out about colleges and God's Plan verses her desires and so forth. She will figure it all out in time. It is one of those things that we all have to face, repetitiously through life. But she is doing well and we are proud of her.
Zaachi, is doing well. Physically he is on IV antibiotics to try and fight an infection on his leg, but scans have been clear and Chemo is over. He seems to be healing emotionally too. He loves Soren and he is excited that soon he will be officially adopted.
Maggie is about to turn 5 and is finishing her first year of Pre-K and is very prepared for Kindergarten. She gets to go to the school on Friday to register for Kindergarten. She has changed a lot in the last year. I thought she would struggle with jealousy with Soren, but I have not noticed any signs of jealousy. She adores him.
Marc is still working at Community Services for Children and I am at home with the kids. Zaachi often needs me during the day and Soren is so little, I need to be home for this season. This is a challenge financially so I have started making baby wraps. I fell in love with one that a friend gave me. I wear Soren all the time at Dr. visits and the grocery store and such. It has made life so much easier and he is content in my arms. So, I am on an adventure of sewing....I can do that from home and it is flexible. However, it remains to be seen how financially profitable it will be. I figured it was worth the try. God is always providing for us physically, emotionally and spiritually so I am choosing to remind myself often and try not to worry.
Please pray that we will be able to fix our van soon or afford a newer one. Also, we do need more income, so pray for a door to open for us. Well, this was just a brief update. Hope all is well with all of you. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment